Modern technology allows for a solar installer to access solar design software to aid in the selling of solar panels out in the community. Vital features of solar design software allows a solar installer the option to work at home, in the office or on the road. Additionally, the best part of multiple device accessibility is the ability to log on anywhere at any time of day. Laptops, tablets, mobile phones and desktop computers become valuable resource tools for meeting with potential clients. Along with different devices, the right type of solar design software is a necessary resource tool for completing the sale of solar panels.
Best Features for Solar Design Software
Most individuals consider solar panels to be a major investment. Clients generally spend an extensive amount of time researching the right form of energy source to install in their home prior to purchasing. Solar installers need to build on the knowledge of the client's extensive research to finish the sale in a timely manner.
Roofing Design Feature
One of the best features to have on solar design software is the ability to draw from any type of roof. Potential clients want to know exactly how the solar panels will fit on the roof. Therefore, the solar design software should give a visual inspiration in order to evaluate all types of roof shapes and sizes. The ability to show clients a simple north and south roof may be ideal. However, roof designs often feature numerous surfaces and angles. The best type of design software will enable the solar installer the ability to handle the most complicated design with ease and accuracy. Along with design features, measurement tools and the ability to contact to mapping software are a must for optimal selling results.
As the solar installer prepares to show the roofing design to the potential customer, the software should allow for changes to meet the clients demands. Customizing a solar panel layout design to please a client could eventually result in a final sale. Making changes to the rooftop design should be easy and fast to allow the client to view immediate results. If a lead has to wait for the presentation of a new rooftop design, the prospect may be lost forever.
Customized Quote Capability
The potential solar design software should be able to handle all types of customer quotes in a fast accurate manner since a potential customer may already be in the midst of his research for different solar panel options. If a solar installer has the ability to provide a customized quote within minutes, the chances of making the sale significantly increases.
Data sheets, installation time, and product list should be right at the solar installer’s fingertips to provide customized quotes to potential clients. The software should allow for instant research of rebates or other incentives affecting the final price of the solar power installation. If a prospect can note discounts or incentives in real time, the potential of making a final sale may increase.
Mobile and Tablet Capabilities
Selling solar panels is often a very hands-on experience. When walking around a community or visiting an active worksite, the potential for meeting new clients remains a possibility. Solar design software should allow for instant access on mobile devices. A mobile phone or a tablet are definitely the best choice for selling solar panels out in the field. The software should allow the devices the same type of features as a regular desktop computer back at the office.
Using a mobile phone or other form of handheld devices will allow the solar installer to enter an address or following up a lead anywhere. When out in the field, the software should allow for the data to generate instant information regarding the property. Providing all the cost-saving and environmentally benefits of solar panels to a potential client is essential for completing the sale. The data needs to be easily accessed for accuracy to use as a major selling point.
Personal Feature Capabilities
Every solar installer has a unique approach to selling solar panels. The solar design software should allow for customized features to aid in the individual selling approach.
- Instant Lead Generation: Ability to generate solar leads within a given radius. The software should allow the solar installer the ability to simply click on the leads to meet face to face with a potential customer.
- Linking Abilities: Leads may come from various sources. Linking the individual solar installer’s leads right to the software to allow for initial contact, a follow-up consultation, and solar energy presentations may aid in making a sale.
- Note Taking Options: The ability to enter personal notes on specific jobs in progress, future installations or information on potential new clients within a specific area. Keying in a couple thoughts may be beneficial for follow-up contact.
- Weather Forecast: Instant access to local weather is necessary when working outdoors on a regular basis. Sunny weather may provide a selling point. Incoming storms will allow a solar installer, employees or work crew time to prepare.
- Research: Instant access to facts and other related data is a great resource for selling solar panels. The solar design software should allow for research and the ability to review up to date solar news instantly.
- Chat Features: Chat capabilities may allow a solar installer the chance to discuss options or ask questions with others in the field, including employees and office colleagues
- File Upload: The ability to easily upload files for future use may help with sales. Files or photographs may allow for the collection of data to finalize a sale.
Solar design softwares are a major ingredient in selling solar panels to potential customers. Not only does the software provide instant access to various forms of data but it also helps the prospect visualize what the roof would look like. Potential customers may want to invest in solar panels for different reasons such as saving money or environmental factors. These mental motives can often be the driving force in making the final decision to invest. Therefore, a solar installer may and should use the reliable software as a major resource tool for finalizing a sale during each step of the sales process.