The reason for investing in solar panels depends on the customer’s personal motivation. Many homeowners and business owners invest for the prospect of lower monthly utility bills. Others decide to invest in helping preserve the environment. As a solar installer, being able to answer questions and provide details is vital. Selling solar panels in a competitive market requires optimal resources from one of the market's solar design tools.
The right type of solar design tool may help in concluding a sale. Impressing potential clients with the ability to go from a rooftop design to drawing up documents is a valuable selling component. If a solar installer fails to provide the right answers or background information, the result may be losing the sale to the competition. Consider each type of solar design tool as a valuable resource for providing selling points to the potential customer.
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s (NREL) PVWatts Calculator provides the solar installer with estimation on energy output. Providing customers with data of the potential energy output of the solar panel system is a critical solar design tool. Based on weather patterns, the government-run PVWatts Calculator will provide a potential customer with both hourly and monthly energy production rates. An informed customer who wants to save on their monthly utility bills will find this information helpful in making a decision to purchase solar panels.
Along with being a valuable calculator for potential energy output, the PVWatts Calculator provides valuable resource data for the solar installer. Access to maps and a variety of other sources, the solar design tool allows the solar installer up to date information on the weather. The climate conditions are an important benchmark for finalizing your solar sales. Showing the customer the correlation between the weather and valuable savings will provide you with a decent level of credibility when explaining a financial forecast.
Like the PVWatts Calculator, Solar Estimate is another valuable solar design tool. Solar Estimate allows the user to input an address and other related data to find output estimation based on exact property location. The estimation allows the solar installer to provide potential customers with crucial details on the solar panel system. The details may include:
- the size of the solar panel layout,
- the amount of roof space,
- available incentives,
- and the cost based on the current industry averages.
In some locations, the Solar Estimate tool allows the installers to provide customers with a more detailed pricing overview.
Solargraf is also a valuable solar tool that will combine everything a solar company will need to run its business. Solargraf will create an accurate quote instantly, create leads and offer multiple CRM options to get the company structured and working efficiently.
- Mobility: The Solargraf tool is accessible from office computers, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones. By allowing for multiple platform use, a solar installer will be able to use the solar design tool at home, in the office or walking around the local community to quote randomly. The mobility provides instant access to property statistics for solar power usage, proposals, rooftop designs and more.
- Lead Generation Ability: Other than allowing the user to purchase qualified leads, the platform also offers the ability to generate leads through other avenues by using the project tool.
- Project Management: Users can take a lead from the initial contact all the way down to the project completion and system monitoring. All inside one single page application.
- Roof Top Design: Providing customers with a roof top design allows for a general overview of the solar panel placement. Every home or commercial building is different. The easy to use rooftop design feature can effectively show a potential customer the layout of the solar panels. Changing the solar panel layout to meet customer satisfaction provides the chance for instant feedback and instant results on the production / savings. If a customer has to wait for the new design layout, the chances of the sale will decrease.
- Proposal Creation: Providing a potential client with an instant quote is optimal for increasing your sales volume. A client simply does not want to wait forever to get an estimation of his solar panel system cost. Failure to meet customer expectations in the sales pitch may result in losing valuable revenue.
- Keeping a History: The application allows the ability to take notes. The smallest piece of information may lead to a valid selling point later when finalizing the sale with a customer or tracking the project history.
- Assigning Tasks & Roles: Being able to chat with your colleagues about a specific project is great for field work and efficiency. The ability to assign specific tasks / leads / projects to specific employees is really important to keep things organized and keep people accountable.
- Industry News: Being up to date on all the latest solar power news helps in providing the best background information for customers. A complete understanding of renewable energy sources should always be at the user’s fingertips.
The solar market tend to research various renewable energy sources prior to quote its clients. Solar design tools will enable your clients to view their roof top design and receive the necessary savings/cost information to make an informed decision. By providing your clients all the details they need quickly, the chances of closing the sale will increase.